CITY OF WATERVILLE
Applications/resumes are being accepted for the position of firefighter/driver. The successful applicant must be qualified, motivated and career-oriented. Interested candidates must be high school graduate or equivalent, certified as Firefighter I and EMT Basic, and hold a current driver license with the ability to attain a Class B commercial driver’s license. Firefighter II and CDL license preferred.
Interested applicants must submit the following documentation with their application to be considered for the position: Letter of intent, resume or application, High School diploma or equivalent, current certificates including Firefighter I, and a copy of a current EMT license. Twenty applicants will be selected to participate in an assessment center.
Applications must be submitted to the City of Waterville, Human Resource Office, 6 Wentworth Court, Waterville, ME 04901 prior to 12:00 pm on Monday, July 2, 2018.
The City of Waterville is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For More information: Click Here
Ashburnham Fire Department
Shift Firefighter / Paramedic
Open Until Filled – First Review July 9, 2018
Starting Pay $22.66 per hour with benefits.
The Shift Firefighter / Paramedic position is a full-time, union, emergency response position that responds to fires, emergency medical calls, rescues, hazardous materials incidents and completes normal station and fire prevention chores. The current work shift is one day on, one day off, one day on, five days off (42 hours per week average). While the position may operate under the direction of department officers, it is also expected that they be able to act as an officer in charge when necessary and are ready and capable of directing the activities of others.
- Ability to work as a firefighter and paramedic, including the physical, mental, and communication skills to do so effectively.
- Ability to interact with the public on the phone and in person, in a calm and professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to utilize any fire, EMS, extrication, and rescue apparatus and equipment.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability and training to respond to and mitigate emergency incidents as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be one who is a licensed Paramedic and has completed the Massachusetts Fire Academy Recruit Program (full time academy). The Firefighter Paramedic should also be able to work in a team environment, while being able to stay focused on the job at hand. The ideal candidate should have a sense of professionalism, pride, and personal accountability, as well as a desire to serve the public.
Key competencies include:
- Ability to work at an emergency incident, but still can work effectively with office and administrative staff.
- Enjoys working with and serving the public.
- Someone who likes challenging project work.
- A person that can make good decisions under pressure.
- A quick learner.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent;
- Paramedic Licensure;
- Has completed full time academy, or will have to complete as a condition of employment;
- And the ability to perform assigned tasks, both project and emergency related.
Town of Portsmouth RI
ANNOUNCES JOB OPPORTUNITY FOR
To review the complete position profile information and to apply online, please visit: www.portsmouthri.com
The next Fire Chief should be a professional command level fire officer, with demonstrated experience leading a municipal fire department, who embraces a high level of personal and departmental accountability. The selected candidate should have extensive knowledge of fire suppression, emergency medical services, fire prevention, and emergency management, along with the ability to take the Portsmouth Fire Department to the next level in providing exceptional service to the public.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with EMT Cardiac, Paramedic, EMT Advance certifications plus over 10 years of experience in Fire Department plus 5-year experience as a commanding officer; Master’s Degree in management preferred; or any equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
All qualified interested applicants should submit an application along with copies of certifications and licenses directly to the Human Resources Department. Applications are available on line at www.portsmouthri.com or available in person at Town Hall/Human Resources, 2200 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.